These precautions are in effect for all of the in-person Voting Places in Victoria.
The City of Victoria is committed to delivering a safe and physically distanced by-election during the COVID-19 pandemic. Following public health, Elections BC and WorkSafeBC directives, the City’s COVID-19 safety plan for each voting place will make sure the by-election is safe for voters, candidates and election workers.
- All voting places will have protective measures in place, including physical distancing, capacity limits, hand sanitizing stations, plexiglass protective barriers, election officials wearing personal protective equipment, frequent cleaning of voting stations and frequently touched surfaces.
- Pens will be provided for voting and will be sanitized in between use. You may choose to use your own pen.
- You will personally feed your marked ballot into an electronic voting machine.
- Please do your part to vote safely. Follow election officials’ instructions and signage in the voting place to maintain physical distancing.
- You will be asked to sanitize your hands before and after voting.
- You are encouraged to wear a face mask to vote.
- If you are ill or self-isolating, do not visit a voting place.
Do you like this page?