Environment & Climate Change
Greenest Port in Canada
- Support the introduction of shore power at Ogden Point
Protect and enhance our environmental systems
- Protect and enhance our shoreline and marine habitats.
- Work with the CRD for the comprehensive management of our freshwater ecosystem.
- Develop and maintain an Urban Forest Master Plan for the city
Implement the Go Victoria Sustainable Mobility Strategy
- Improve the bike lane networks
- Promote walkability, public transit, and care share services.
Reduce air, noise, and light pollution
- Review implications to air quality and noise in the evaluation of new developments.
- Reduce idling at stop lights as part of a broader drivability and data-focused traffic flow strategy.
Zero Emission City
- Accelerate the transition to zero-emission for all city-owned vehicles.
- Establish zero emission and carbon neutral zones.
- Expand Parks, Green Spaces, and Community Gardens
Do you like this page?