- Actively promote and attract new business investments – work with economic development groups to implement the Victoria 3.0 Recovery, Reinvention and Resilience Plan for businesses.
- Bring people downtown – promote and expand the Downtown Ambassador program with the Downtown Victoria Business Association (DVBA) to increase eyes on the street to maintain a presence of safety for visitors, business, and residents.
Support youth in the economy
- Implement a Youth Intern Program.
- Engage youth on a regular basis to ensure their voices are heard.
Support Indigenous businesses
- Re-start Indigenous Prosperity Gatherings
- Create mentorship program for Indigenous business owners, in cooperation with local Nations, the DVBA and the Victoria Chamber of Commerce.
Support newcomer businesses
- Continue business info session at City Hall for newcomers
Tell and sell Victoria’s tech industry story
- Continue the Talent Attraction and Retention Initiative.
- Develop digital promotion strategy to expand global opportunities for local companies.
- Create opportunities for local tech business to do business with municipalities, school boards, health regions and large companies.
Redevelop the Victoria Conference Centre
- Support the redevelopment of a new centre based on the assessment in the existing Feasibility Study.
- Secure funding for the redevelopment
- Develop a strategy, in consultation with Tourism Victoria and other stakeholders, to invest in tourism infrastructure.
Do you like this page?